Your mentor will also review your current web site or, if you don’t have one, coach you on how to design a good one. You will receive documentation outlining the key points for building a job-getting website plus links to several excellent vfx compositing artist websites that you can use for inspiration. You and your mentor will review the guidelines together and study the example websites to see what is best applied to your case. While we can’t build your website for you, we will provide you with a list of excellent and inexpensive website providers that make it very easy for you to build your own.
The Demo Reel Workshop comes with a total of four hours of personal mentoring that you may use as you wish, when you wish. This is normally plenty of time to cover both topics and produce outstanding results. Additional mentoring time may be purchased if desired. FXEcademy does not try to find you a job. That is your job. Our job is to prepare you as well as possible to win that next job opportunity.
Build A Better Demo Reel
Build a better demo reel with the sage counsel of a senior visual effects mentor.
Course Length: as required
Commitment: 4 hours of on-line consultation with your mentor plus whatever time you need to implement the demo reel and web site advice.
One on one personal mentoring
Your purchase includes 4 hours of mentoring time.
You will make appointments to meet with your mentor once or more often based on your needs.
You and your mentor will meet online to review your demo reel, your website and to review your upgrades and answer any questions.
If you need additional mentoring time or want to consult on your shot breakdowns or ShotKits™, Contact Steve
What You Need
- A computer with Internet service
- Skype software with microphone are needed for one on one mentoring. A video camera is optional.
- Some way to edit your demo reel. You can use vfx software like Nuke, After Effects or Fusion, or an editing system like Adobe Premiere, Final Cut X, or Nuke Studio.
- Your finished shots and any plates to use for your demo reel.
- To build additional shots for your reel, you may also purchase any of our ShotKits™. Each ShotKit† contains a sample movie and the raw elements. You can use the raw elements to show how you composited your shots.
You may use any applicable software for editing your demo reel.
Instruction and mentoring in the use of your chosen editing software is not included.
FX Ecademy will provide mentoring on the presentation of your demo reel content and web site.